Monday, February 18, 2019

MOM AND DAD FOR BEARING WITH THE LONG NIGHTS AT THE COMPUTER AND ALWAYS UNDERSTANDING

Mom And Dad For Bearing With The Long Nights At The Computer And Always Understanding

Acknowledgements

Somebody once said, “It takes a village to write a book.” This book is no different. I would like to thank my family for all of your support and help throughout this process. Mom and Dad for bearing with the long nights at the computer and always understanding my frustrations; Peter and Connor for avidly reading, editing and rereading sections I would send you late at night; Mary for always giving me a hug and words of encouragement; and William and Tricia for never failing to be interested in whatever section I was tackling.

This book wouldn’t have been possible without the countless doctors, researchers, and experts who agreed to talk with me. Specifically, Christian Herff, Matt Angle, Tim Brown, Jake Stauch, Charlie Matlack, Phil Kennedy, Adam Hoffman, and Maverick Nguyen to name a few.

I must acknowledge the real warriors who helped me edit the manuscript and provided critical feedback. Dr.Amy Kimmel; my brothers, Peter and Connor; Christian Herff; Matt Angle; Irfan Khan; and last but not least, Catriona Kendall. The book would not be what it is today without the thankless hours they spent pouring over every last word.

Last but certainly not least, I want to give a huge thanks to my publisher, the New Degree Press. To Eric Koester, who believed in my dream and let me tag along, and Brian Bies, who helped bring the book from draft to paper.